Monday, December 29, 2008

Hoppin' John again this year? Me not think so!


I ate a mess of Hoppin' John on new years day last year (like the good boy my mama thinks I am) and I'm fairly convinced it cost me my life savings and possibly my house.
I more than fairly convinced it cost me my dignity.

I'm thinkin' that this year I'm going to forgo it and try something new. Yeah, sure I'll MAKE it so my wife and child will have some shred of hope to hang onto, God knows they can't count on me to provide health, wealth, and happiness.

This year I'm seriously thinking about replacing Hoppin' John with a Reuben.

Think about it.....meat, vegetables, cultural significance. Hell, there's got to be some culture out there that eats corned beef every new years day, right? Yeah, I know the culture that eats it on new years also eats it 137 other days of the year, but so what.

Ladies and gentlemen, meet this years Hoppin' John............(drum roll)...................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be careful. Pork and kraut on New Year's Day is supposed to bring you "luck" too... I think you should go with caviar and champagne.

--Other Brother